As we are all aware, COVID-19 has become a serious public health threat across the globe.
In the WASH sector, initial research has been undertaken to find out if the virus remains active in faecal sludge and waste water, but nothing is conclusive yet. We are doing our best to keep current on any emerging evidence.
We are following guidelines from the World Health Organization, who is monitoring the situation closely. You can see the latest report here: https://lnkd.in/fXPJe4f
For essential workers in FSM:
- PPE is now more important than ever. Make sure you are equipped and secure to the best of your ability everyday.
- Please ensure you wash your hands and maintain a safe distance from your clients.
For the rest of us:
- Stay safe: maintain social distancing and wash your hands
- Stay sane: Try not to panic. Be informed. Find an activity to diversify your daily routine.
- Stay healthy: Do what you can to strengthen your immune system.
Our thoughts are with all those who are affected, and we hope for a speedy recovery for the world.