FSMA Membership Code of Conduct
FSMA is committed to ensuring the integrity and respect of our members. It is mandatory for all on-boarding members to comply with our Code of Conduct.
Please read carefully:
When acting in any capacity as a member of the Faecal Sludge Management Alliance (FSMA), members are expected to adhere to the following principles:
1. FSMA members will demonstrate respectful and honest behaviour and will act in line with the organisation’s mission and vision.
2. The membership provides a safe and inclusive space for all stakeholders in the FSM sector. Any form of harassment or discrimination based on race, sex, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, or political opinion will not be tolerated.
3. On its communication platforms and at its events, FSMA encourages open discourse and candid discussions. While we appreciate the diversity of opinions and see the value of intense debates, we ask members to remain tough on the issue, but kind on each other.
4. Members will not engage in activities that bring disrepute upon the FSMA. The use of the organisation’s name and logo is subject to the prior notification and consent by FSMA staff.
5. Members holding an office or position in any current or future board or committee of the FSMA are trusted to fulfil their function with due care and in the best interest of the organisation, the membership and the FSM sector as a whole. They shall not misuse their position, or any information acquired through that position for their personal gain or for activities that are detrimental to the FSMA’s goals. Members may be asked to sign a conflict of interest statement.
For any questions, concerns, or to file a complaint related to this code of conduct, please contact [email protected]